Wednesday, October 10, 2007

+ organizing principle, follow focus

2007-10-10-1959
this is a time of day I often want to eat and read unconsciously.

the interesting development:

consider activities and situations when my mind is not wandering from body or questioning the current activity:

eating

nosepicking

reading (sometimes)

walking to check on fig trees

(all of those a problem in excess)

walking to and from places or just walking in interesting places

--

whenever that happens during a health-enhancing activity that is a great thing: such as with dance or exercising. Or creating something.

--

so if mind is wandering: go do something else. . .where mind doesn't wander. This is key to the intolerance of staying here. I can't deal with a daily routine where either mind questions all of it or I cope / seek focus in unhealthy ways.

--

This writing exercise is having effect. Providing a sort of extra space in every moment. . . "what would I write about this time?"

On waking this morning, I eventually got to posting the last blog post and writing two emails. I cleaned up and eventually left house and went to park and sat.

As an organizing principle, I continued to notice I don't have one beyond organizing for this next homeless trip.

My organizing principle can be: organize self so that I can be open for the possibility of having an organizing principle.

--

I also noticed how much having Grandma Ann around affects my behavior.


I do wish to be free of this I now realize--hence the homeless plan.

So I will be leaving here. On next return, perhaps, I will work on selling, getting rid of stuff and leaving. (going nowhere)

I also notice my lack of community/compatriots, but don't see that anything can be done. (beyond becoming homeless, posessionless and free to seek / follow / have time for friends anywhere)

And I am aware of how my suffering is different from suffering in other parts of world.

---

Fiddling on a larger scale: managed to process harvested beans, corn.

---

All that is left to do is pack for trip. I am on schedule to do this more gracefully.

---

A difficulty is a friend dealing with landlord issues. Another looking for a job.

Both problems I don't have now.

With one, I shared the system view of Oshry: tops, middles, bottom.

I did not suggest attachment was an issue.

A buddhist way may have been just to listen and breathe.

--

I think I may be learning a theory of action--not just the quieting of mind.

Because this issue of organizing principle for all behavior--well, the idea that mind seeks health-promoting activity on which it can retain focus.

Until found, prepare to be ready to act when it is found.

And practice having focused mind regardless?

Peace,
Colin

2038

No comments: