Thursday, October 18, 2007

future

07-10-17 20:11
I made it here once more.

I thought I might write inside--but distracted self with Internet, and with popping corn in the microwave.

That particular renunciation has lost a bit of steam.

I am outside on the ground though. I did cook the pot over the fire. But used the microwave for a squash, lentils, corn.

---

Having written yesterday's update, I went to swim, do weights, then to park, but, hungry, did not sit more than a moment, and went to fig tree, ate figs, then sat, with dogs barking at one point, children playing.

Then passed time at library (2pm-4?) looked at some books in the "new" section.

Then here to cook, eat--which I was eager to do, since I didn't cook yesterday.

--

Mindfulness, mindlessness, insights?

Mindlessness--well the last bit of eating while using computer was probably the most notable.

All other eating was eating--often with mind running, but for now I settle for just eating without reading--gradually I'll work on eating food, not thoughts or plans--eating and really paying attention to eating.

Picking out books from the new section in library was a bit mindless. I have my yoga book and _Varieties of Religious Experience_ to read.

Some of my written speech this morning probably was a bit mindless. And this too.

Mindfulness: Only greeting the owner(?) Alfred of Buddah-to-go(.com?) [buddha-for-you.com]with palms in the lotus position comes to mind. Rest of day I don't have special accomplishments in mindfulness coming to me.

(One great use of the lotus greeting was to say goodbye to some Mormon missionaries.)

While distracting self with computer I did watch a mahamudra meditation led by Patrick Sweeney.

I felt the potential there for a more intense experience.

This morning, waking, walking out of canyon, greeting my friend, that stands out.

Waking up outside.

Making the fire.

Being with grandma a bit.

Right now. This has been interesting.

--

On this corner of the house there seems to be yet another abusive (verbally at least) parent to listen to. This one is in the apartments.

--

insights: future?
20:51

Mahāmudrā Meditation with Patrick Sweeney

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A34CaZdudWs

http://holons-news.com/node/95

http://www.satdharma.org/Meditation1.php

http://www.google.com/search?q=patrick+sweeney+mahamudra

No comments: